'Pilgrimage of Embers' is a 2D dark-fantasy action role-playing game currently being developed in C# and MonoGame. I'm taking bits of inspiration from 'Dark Souls', 'Dragon's Dogma', 'Skyrim', and 'Starbound'. There are other minor influences from a variety of cultures, including Nordic and Celtic folklore, and the Middle English language.
I've been actively working on the engine since 2014 and plan to have the alpha complete sometime in 2016. After the engine is finished and refined to the degree that I am satisfied with, I will use time to create a map for the alpha testers to showcase most of the game features. The alpha will be continually updated for the alpha testers.
- Over fifty major locations planned, including six dungeons and more than fifteen forsaken cities and villages
- Twelve useful skills, from Concealment to Awareness, Agility to Archery
- Choose your 'Birthplace', 'Class', and 'Pathway'
- Immersive lore and characters
- Unique combat and magic system
- Extensive map creation tools
- Planned online co-op*
- Planned modding*
* These are features I would love to add in providing I have the technical knowledge to accomplish it!
How Can I help?
If you like what I'm working on, here are some ideas you can do to lend me a hand:
- Follow @TheShyyGuy, and retweet content that you like.
- Like Enckling on Facebook, and share what you like.
- Provide constructive criticism on what you don't like, and give me suggestions and ideas.
- Tell your friends and family about this game project, and share this website with others.
- Become a Patron on my Patreon page.
Your help is immensely appreciated!