Hey, I hope you've been well. After a long gap between updates, I'm starting off 2018 with some good work.
- Updated the PoE logo on "Creations" page, and the promo image on PoE page.
- Changed the promotional pop-up to focus on Pilgrimage of Embers rather than the newsletter.
- Changed the announcement bar to focus on weekly update subscriptions.
- Switched the "Feedback" page with two new pages: Inquiry, and Report Bug.
- Big improvements to the PoE page: Added "Quick Content" and "Media" sections, removed images, and a few other small changes.
- Minor changes to existing icons, such as stones. They felt lacking compared to the newer icons.
- The Patreon page has been completely re-done. Check it out!
- Visiting enckling.com/patreon now redirects you to my Patreon page.
- Fixed sound being played left of screen coming out of opposite speakers.
- Finished two sound effects: iron gate, lever.
The lack of color will be changed eventually, but it's certainly alpha-ready. If I added color to him now, it would be skin tone which would make him look a lot more naked, which would make me want to add clothes to him. It would've snowballed, so I'm keeping him like this for now.
I really enjoy drawing item icons and creatures in basic monochrome, as it's quicker and forces me to get the form right rather than partially relying on color. You'll see below seven creatures (with smaller, baby forms), as well as some item icons in full color.
I'm content enough with how the game is, so I'll be releasing the alpha very soon (likely less than two weeks). If you've signed up, I will send you the important info via email, social media, or both. If you missed the alpha sign up, you can get access to the latest updates by supporting me on Patreon.
Though MonoGame allows porting to Mac and Linux operating systems, unfortunately I won't be doing that in alpha (for now). Managing the different bugs on different platforms while adding and changing content is a little outside of my skill level, and would hinder me even further from releasing updates consistently.
If you have any ideas, constructive criticism, or just want to tell me how much you dislike my game, you can: Send me an email, tweet @TheShyyGuy, gab to @ShyyGuy, comment on the Facebook page, or respond in the comment section below.
Do you want to support this ambitious project? Here's what you can do:
- Become a Patron here!
- Tell your friends and family about Pilgrimage of Embers!
- Retweet, repost, and share the content that you like!
Thank you for reading!
From Enckling, with love.