Friday, July 1st. Inching closer to the alpha, the game is coming together well.
Object Editor Tweaks
I'll list all of the changes bullet point style:
- Added to the [Colliders] and [Lights] categories.
- Added LockButton to the [Switches] category.
- Added a [Meta] tag with an "Author" variable. This will prevent the player from accidentally overwriting a map.
- Added AttachToObject to [Sensors]. This physically (digitally?) attaches an object to another, allowing equal movement.
- Added KeySensor to [Sensors]. This detects specified key inputs, and outputs the response to other objects.
- Added IDSensor to [Sensors]. This checks for objects that are within X radius with the specified ID.
- Added MouseClickSensor to [Sensors]. Same as KeySensor, except with mouse buttons.
- Added VariableDetector to [Sensors]. This is for checking variables of other objects, and will turn on if object A's variable matches object B's variable.
- Added NumberDetector to [Sensors]. Functions similarly to VariableDetector, except can make use of more operators (>, >=, <, <=, !=, etc.)
- Added VariableCircuit to [Sensors]. This will take a variable from one object and output it to another, behaving very similarly to object editing.
- Added MultiItem object to [Containers] category, and improved it's parse variables.
- Added Ambience2D object to the [Audio] category.
- Added [VariousObjects] tag, alongside a FadingImage object.
- GameObjects are no longer write-only. Variable values can be used with NumberDetector and VariableDetector objects.
- Added copy/pasting of objects with middle-clicking.
- Added LookAt object to [VariousObjects] category.
- Each spell has their own attack moveset. This will make adding spells more difficult, but fulfills how I wanted magic to be.
- Improved shield aiming.
- Fixed caster aim direction.
- Fixed an annoying glitch that forced crossbow users to automatically reload when they ran out of stamina.
- Fixed crossbow and arweblast shadow glitch.
HUD Meter Tweaks
- Improved meter bar textures.
- Meters now move smoothly, but quickly.
- Meters now show particles when being depleted.
- Markers have been placed at the end of each meter.
- Meters will flash when low or being depleted.
- Auditory warnings when meters are low.
- Improved entity action suspension reliability and feel
- Added a blur post-processing effect to screen transitions.
Well, that's all for this week. I've been working on the main menu, so I should have that complete by next Friday. There is still a bit to do, not just in programming but in sound effects, art assets, and music. But I'll be able to start working on the alpha soon! I can feel it lurking closer.
As always, if you have any ideas, constructive criticism, or just want to tell me how much you dislike my game, you can: Send me an email, tweet @TheShyyGuy, comment on the Facebook page, or respond here!
From Enckling, with love.