Friday, August 26th. This week I've been trying to get combat worked out. While it's been a big success, I still have a little bit more to do. However, I'm really excited to start working on content, and hoping I can start on that soon. Here's what I did this week:
- Added WordFormatWrap() method.
- Added ResetPosition() methods to all UIs, called when the resolution is changed in settings UI.
- The DialogueOptions UI has been attached to the character.
- Finished the soulgate icons, and improved the warp icon.
- Finished the music system.
- Fixed the camera focal point when warping.
- Improved the settings' buttons' descriptions slightly.
- Added Music to the Audio category in the object editor.
- Fixed adding flora through the object editor.
- Added a "Path" and "FolderName" injection to the object editor.
- Added Weather to the Objects category.
- Added a Weather object to the game world, located at the top left corner.
- Improved the Spellbook UI layout.
- The name of the selected quickslot item will now appear briefly when scrolling (Minecraft-style!)
- Weapons can have more complex shapes.
- Added in code logic for deflecting swords with shields and swords with other swords.
- Weapon moves can now be either "Click Once" or "Held".
- Weapon move animations can now be paused. Pair this with "Held" (above).
- Added horizontal texture flipping, and weapon shape positioning based on this.
- Any WeaponCollision line can be activated as a shield.
- Added EntityManager object to the game world, located at the top left corner.
- "Striker animation-controlling" variables have been moved to the base class (BaseCombat).
- The player's actions are suspended for two seconds when resting at a soulgate (primarily preventing movement).
- Added NumberOperator to Sensors category. Take two values from different objects, perform an operation (E.G, add, subtract, ...), and send value to output object.
- Added characters and players to list of GameObjects. This means triggers and sensors can now manipulate them.
- Improved EntityManager parsing variables and methods. "EditMonsterByID" and "EditMonsterByObjectID" have been added to this.
- Spells with empty charges can no longer be used.
You can now subscribe to the weekly updates! Whenever a new weeklu update is posted, you'll automatically receive the latest and greatest posts straight to your email. How convenient! If this interests you, click here.
Well, that was my week. How was yours? For the coming week, it truly looks like combat and dodging are my last obstacles. I'm happy with the changes so far, particularly having a lot more control over combat. Dodging should really seal the deal, and then I only need to make the AI better, though that will be during the content creation stage.
As always, if you have any ideas, constructive criticism, or just want to tell me how much you dislike my game, you can: Send me an email, tweet @TheShyyGuy, comment on the Facebook page, or respond in the comment section below.
From Enckling, with love.