Hey, hey! It's friday. This update won't have a central focus like previous posts, but rather a list of all the fixes and tweaks I did this week. Let's go:
- Overlays now can make use of particles.
- Combat attacks now have a queue (maximum of one). This is assigned mid-swing, and will be used after the current attack.
- Re-organized BaseEntity.cs.
- Added activation box displaying to more objects (Soulgate, character UI and dialogue, ...)
- Replaced old linear interpolation code in Camera class with the DelayCamera code from PlayerEntity.cs.
- Changed VisualOverlay particles to include jumping.
- Fixed main menu screen pausing game background when screen is inactive.
- Fixed LookAt object causing camera mayhem.
- On program start, "Creator's Handbook.txt" will be generated. This contains item, spell, soul, soulgate, and other important info for map creators.
- Due to an unfortunate design flaw, the "Rest" button in the soulgate UI has been removed. You will now rest automatically when interacting with a soulgate.
- Removed old code "Cinematics".
- Fixed character interation UI's button icons defying the laws of the code.
- Re-organized ScreenManager.cs.
- Switched bartering dialogue over to EntityChatter files.
- Character dialogue has been refactored, and saving has been implemented.
- The main screen now fades in.
- Version number has been moved to the center of the screen, directly underneath the main screen. A background has been added.
- UI hints have been added.
- Inventory pane's texture has been improved, alongside some additional information.
- Emptied quickslots now have their values saved.
- Changed the Fortify Skills and the Soulforge UIs to only function fully when near a soulgate.
- Fixed deleteRect not displaying properly beside each equipped item.
- Interfaces have been checked for consistency and updated accordingly. Includes font changes, color changes, and other minor tweaks.
- Splash screen has been added.
- Added action suspension meter.
- Switching equipment (weapons, ammo, spells, souls) now briefly suspends all other actions (250 milliseconds).
- Fix Artisan's Counter minor mess-up where the first time tab is opened shows no recipes.
- Weapon classes expand and close properly (scale).
I wish I could have added some more neat features, but these really needed to get done. There are a bit more of these sort of fix and tweak tasks left, but not too much more. I may need to revisit how combat works, as I feel it may be difficult to add in combat weapon movement. Of course, spellbook and magic still needs work, alongside AI. It's getting closer each week!
As always, if you have any ideas, constructive criticism, or just want to tell me how much you dislike my game, you can: Send me an email, tweet @TheShyyGuy, comment on the Facebook page, or respond here!
From Enckling, with love.