Hello again! I hope you're having a great week so far. While I did some coding this week, the majority of my time was spent on artwork. I'll discuss the minor code tweaks first:
- Finished the AnimatedObject class.
- Various improvements to the tile editor
- Decreased performance-degrading calculations in flora class, resulting in a noticable FPS increase.
- Improved how walls deal with character jumping.
Changes To Previous Work:
- Redid wooden door frames and well roof
- Recolored ground twigs
- Fences (seventeen tiles)
- Temple roof (twenty-seven tiles)
- Wooden bridge (eight tiles)
- Ladder (nine tiles)
- Rope upwards (two variants)
- Book lectern (one variant)
- Mud puddles (four variants)
- Bucket (three variants)
Sadly, I didn't finish the cliffs in time to justify mentioning here. They will very likely be apart of next week's update, alongside animated river and/or pond tiles. These are the biggest obstacle left, then I could start building some maps in-game.
Additionally, I removed some of the random taglines seen at the top of the page, and added a few to take their place. I'm working to add a bunch of game references over time, as well as some nice hidden content eventually. I backed Font Awesome Pro on Kickstarter a few weeks ago, so you can expect to see it on here in the coming months.
If you have any ideas, constructive criticism, or just want to tell me how much you dislike my game, you can: Send me an email, tweet @TheShyyGuy, comment on the Facebook page, or respond in the comment section below.
From Enckling, with love.